Sooo these are my thoughts about the songs on Red according to the secret messages. Someone has probably done this already, but why not.
1. State of Grace - LOVE YOU DOESN’T COUNT AFTER GOODBYE
Well I think it’s obvious this one is about Jake. There are tons of clues in the song. Blue eyes. Both share the sagittarius sign. Also, in the interview with Perez Hilton she said she bookended the album with two songs about the same person, the beginning (State of Grace) and the end (Begin Again).
2. Red - SAG
I think it’s pretty clear this is about Jake too. Sag is most likely short for Sagittarius which again is both Taylor and Jake’s sign.
3. Treacherous - WON’T STOP TILL IT’S OVER
4. I Knew You Were Trouble - WHEN YOU SAW ME DANCING
Pretty sure this is about Jake. I don’t have any real clues though haha.
5. All Too Well - MAPLE LATTES
6. 22 - ASHLEY DIANNA CLAIRE SELENA
Ashley Avignone, Dianna Agron, Claire Kislinger, Selena Gomez
7. I Almost Do - WROTE THIS INSTEAD OF CALLING
Most likely about Jake.
8. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together - WHEN I STOPPED CARING WHAT YOU THOUGHT
9. Stay Stay Stay - DAY DREAMING ABOUT REAL LOVE
I thought this was about Jake until I saw the secret message which maybe it did have to do with Jake at one point and when she wrote the message she’s thinking that’s how a future relationship will be.
10. The Last Time - LA ON YOUR BREAK
Likely about Jake. This was towards the end of their relationship I believe as well. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1337564/Taylor-Swift-Jake-Gyllenhaal-drive-return-Los-Angeles.html
11. Holy Ground - WHEN YOU CAME TO THE SHOW IN SD
I don’t know who was at her show in San Diego, assuming that SD does mean San Diego. I thought it was Joe Jonas because I remembered he had gone to a show on the Speak Now tour in California, but I looked it up and it was San Jose.
12. Sad Beautiful Tragic - WHILE YOU WERE ON A TRAIN
This may be a far shot, but Jake’s movie Source Code came out shortly after their break up and most of the movie takes place on a train. So I’m thinking maybe she saw the movie and that’s what inspired this.
13. The Lucky One - WOULDN’T YOU LIKE TO KNOW
Nothing about this song really stands out to be except for the line “chose the Rose Garden over Madison Square.” Maybe this has something to do with the Kennedy’s considering the Rose Garden is at the White House. And the fact that these last few songs on the album seem to relate to the Kennedy’s somehow.
14. Everything Has Changed - HYANNIS PORT
15. Starlight - FOR ETHEL
Ethel Kennedy. Connor’s grandma. I was thinking it might have been a story that Ethel told Taylor about her and Bobby Kennedy and she wrote about it because it says something about the summer of ‘45 and a guy being 17. Ethel and Bobby did meet in 1945 according to Wikipedia, but not until September. And Bobby was over 17 at that point.
16. Begin Again - I WEAR HEELS NOW
Will Anderson from Parachute. The end of hers and Jake’s relationship. Tons of clues. The dress she wore to his party is the single art. They were hanging out around 8 months after her and Jake broke up, etc. etc.